FRANCE 24 is the first international news channel to have launched a participative programme using amateur images only, developing an original programme with 'The Observers' site as inspiration.
The Académie's specialists can help every step of the way – from the programme's initial design to the test or pilot episode.
- Learn how to design a participative journalism programme
- Know how to build a reliable network with a high contributory value
- Produce a test or pilot episode
- Finding the right contributors
- Interviewing via webcam
- Techniques for generating loyalty
- Revamping amateur images to make them more attractive for television viewers
- Counterbalancing witness subjectivity
Design and production of a participative programme test / pilot episode.
Target audience: journalists and news editors
Maximum number of participants: 10
Typical course length: 5 jours